Aims and Objectives:
- To develop DIFT as an international standard institute of Apparel, Fashion Design, Apparel Merchandising, Textile Technology and other allied areas such as leather and accessories design, fashion modeling, fashion photography, fashion marketing etc.
- To delivery international standard education in fashion and technology and other areas as mentioned.
- To strengthen the Bangladesh export oriented RMG, textile and other allied industries by providing technically skilled human resources;
- To increase the overall efficiency and productivity of the RMG, Textile and other allied sector through development of human resources.
- To develop technical competency and consultancy skill relating to local, national and international issues on RMG, Textile and allied areas.
- To provide technical assistance in all aspects of Garments Manufacturing, Designing, and marketing of the local Garment, Textile, Apparel and allied industries.
- To keep close contact with the students and employers to fulfill their intellectual and creative potential.
- To create opportunities for development and training of the employees and staffs of the RMG, Textile and allied sector.
- To establish and maintain close links with the similar local and foreign institutions to encourage exchange of staffs and students.
The mission of DIFT is to establish an international standard ‘State of Art’ Institution for education, training, research and development to produce highly qualified, dynamic, versatile, creative and skilled human resources for fashion and design, apparel and textile technology and allied industries of home and abroad.